If you missed our recent blog on the benefits of polyurea garage floor coatings, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a quick recap of why you might want to consider polyurea for your garage floor:
- Aesthetically Pleasing Polyurea floor coatings give a fresh, clean look to any concrete floor, including garages. Plus, they are available in a variety of colors and finishes to match your personal style.
- Slip Resistant Vinyl chips are added to polyurea coatings to provide texture and slip resistance. This makes the surface safer to walk on, especially in wet or icy conditions.
- Easy to Clean Polyurea coatings are easy to maintain with just a broom or a microfiber dust mop. Liquid spills can be wiped up with a paper towel or soft cloth.
- Odorless Unlike some other types of floor coatings, polyurea does not emit a strong chemical odor. You can have your floors coated even in the winter with the windows closed.
- Heat and Chemical Resistant Polyurea coatings are highly resistant to heat and chemicals, making them ideal for garage floors where spills and splashes are common.
- No Hot-Tire Pickup Tires can leave marks on some types of floor coatings, but polyurea is not one of them. This means you won’t have to worry about unsightly tire marks on your garage floor.
- 15-Year Residential Warranty Polyurea coatings are backed by a 15-year residential warranty, giving you peace of mind that your floors will look great for years to come.
- Slip-Resistant Additives Polyurea floor coatings already have an orange peel finish that adds slip resistance. But for even greater safety, there are also additives available to make the floor even safer. Some popular options include:
- Ground Polymer Grit: Small polymer beads that are soft to the touch and come in different sizes.
- Aluminum Oxide: A rough finish that works well in industrial settings but can be uncomfortable on skin.
- Fine Silica Sand: Leaves a gentle bumpy surface and should be used with a colored top coat as it will show in a clear one.
At the end of the day, polyurea garage floor coatings are not just aesthetically pleasing, they are also practical and safe. If you are interested in learning more about polyurea floor coatings or which slip-resistant additive would be best for your garage floor, contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you!